Wednesday, November 7, 2012

i don't talk politics

I don't talk politics, not because I don't care but because it's too heated. And I hate heated talks. And I get flustered or mad or don't even know what to say because I get mad or flustered. I am no good at debating. :)

But in light of another historic election yesterday, I have two things to say:

1. The whole world watches the elections in the US. Seriously, the whole world, which boggles my mind. Most Americans can't name anyone in power in any country, yet they all still watch us. Four years ago, we had been at the mall for one reason or another, and a couple people who know me (mainly Iranians, but that's a whole other story!) immediately asked me about the election and Obama being elected President. They wanted to know my thoughts. And yesterday when we were out, I was immediately asked about it by two Hungarians again. Interesting.

(Side note: I've been reading some really disturbing things going on in Hungary in regards to elections. This of course coming as an outsider in this nation, but I am struggling to understand some actions that are so ungodly. Prayers for all the nations of the world!)

2. My favorite post on Facebook in response to last night's election went something like this: To all of the Republicans who are threatening to leave the country, can I share with you about the many wonderful opportunities to serve overseas?!

I thought that was awesome.

Thus ends my political talk. :)

No comments: