Wednesday, August 17, 2011

hold on to your fork

I read this post (despite not knowing, Emily, I love reading her blog and being inspired by her designs!) early on this summer after I got home. It has been on my mind ever since.

And as my heart aches for the people in the world now who are suffering greatly (be it from famine, natural disasters, evil men and governments, or whatever else), I keep reminding myself that my struggles of the day are nothing like theirs. I may miss my family. I may be annoyed that we will be without electricity tomorrow (not an uncommon thing but not always convenient!). I may be frustrated with arguing children over toys. But all of that is really nothing.

I cannot solve the real problems of this world, but I know the one who can. And one day soon he will come. And every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that he is LORD.

Hold on to your fork, the best is yet to come!