Wednesday, February 16, 2011

i have a few more years until i'm "old"

I realize I'm not old (thanks to nearly everyone over the age of 32 here who feels it is their duty to tell me just how young I am as often as possible, as if I needed help knowing that or something), but sometimes I forget just how much older I am than high schoolers. Part of that has to do with the fact that I still feel like I'm 18 and the other part has again to do with how people tell me that I can't be much out of high school. Yada, yada, yada...

But I am turning thirty this year. And I am not at all apprehensive or upset or emotional about it. So don't worry about saying anything to me about it. I will be celebrating my 30th early this year (in just over three weeks go be exact!) with my dear friend Audrey who also turns 30 (in less than three weeks!). More details on that to come.

Anyway, the reason why I am even writing this is because today Kevin had the basketball team over to hang out, eat snacks, and watch an old North Carolina vs. Duke game from 1995. I chuckled to see how much technology has changed since then and how much styles have changed, too! And it doesn't seem that long ago at all because I was in high school, and I feel like I was just there yesterday. And then I heard a kid say, "I wasn't even born yet."

So even though I am young and I feel young, I am still old enough and mature enough (thanks to several people encouraging me in that way recently!) to, well, the words have left me, but I'm sure you understand what I am saying. Just funny to realize that, although I am not "old," I am getting older. :)

No comments: