Thursday, January 29, 2009

never dull

We moved into the Weir's home last night. I had enough time between the Jackson's and the Weir's to go home, grab a few things, put Seth down for a quickie nap, and then I had to head over to school for ELI. Busy busy.

Seth had to be with me for most of ELI last night. Kevin had late practice, and we tried leaving him with some girls who were hanging out after their basketball practice. That didn't go so well. In the last couple weeks he has entered this screaming stage whenever mom and dad aren't around. We don't have to be holding him or anything, just be around so that he can see us. It has become annoying. I had Bible study this afternoon, and he screamed bloody murder when he went downstairs with a few of the other kids. It was frustrating for me because then he distracted me (and despite all of the other women saying he was adorable and not distracting them, I have to believe that he did somewhat!), so I wasn't fully there every moment. Ugh. I don't know how long this will last, but I am grateful that he's not glued to me or anything. He runs around and plays, just needs to know that I'm around (or Kevin).

Anyway, we're getting settled in here. It helps having stayed here before so I'm not totally clueless as to where everything is. Mason has taken to calling us "Mom" and "Dad." Can't imagine being a mom of a high school boy, although I know Seth will be there one day. Janie filled me in last night on what all of these Twilight books are about. Everyone is reading them and talking about them, and I just don't get it. So she told me everything. I feel caught up on the basics.

Busy weekend ahead. Basketball tournament for middle schoolers and practice for the high school. Senior auction at school on Saturday as well. We went last year and won a couple items. Hope to be able to support the seniors and afford something this year. I know they are all super busy trying to get ready for it. It is a fun evening. It will be more of a challenge this year because Seth is into everything all the time. It was easier to go to these things before he was mobile. It's definitely more fun now though. :)

4 comments:

Whittington McLemore said...

Aww...this time last year He threw up all over me at the auction. Good times! Miss you friend!! Glad Janie has caught you up...

Julie said...

This phase won't last long, but it will sure feel like it. Hang in there!!!

And I have all the Twilight books if you want to borrow them... it makes me sad all these little kiddos are reading them though, I don't think it is for them...

Kristin said...

It is a phase that will pass (eventually). Wyatt was the same way, hopefully Seth will move through it more quickly, but it really does bother you 100x's more than it bothers anyone else. :)

Stefanie Schocke said...

I don't understand this Twilight thing either...all the volleyball girls are reading them. I haven't read a page, nor do I plan to!