My beautiful singing cousin Aimee (who by the way will probably know the answer to most of these questions since we married roomates!) tagged me to answer the following questions about my husband:
1. Where did you meet? We met at Houghton College at a soccer game. Love at first sight. Okay, not for me, but he'll tell you it was for him. :)
2. How long did you date? We dated for 2 years before we got engaged and then were married a year later.
3. How long have you been married? almost 5 years (January 3rd baby!)
4. What does he say that surprises you? Nothing surprises me any more. There is nothing he won't say. And he says things to get a reaction out of me, so my goal is not to react. Other people are always shocked, but not me. I'm tough. (But I do react to something every once in awhile just to show him some love)
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His arms
6. What is your favorite quality of his? There is so much that I love about him and admire about him (see #18 below). They say opposites attract, and that seems to be the case for us in many ways. He is so relaxed and rarely worries. He goes with the flow and doesn't get upset. He evens me out. He never complains. He always thanks me for making dinner or doing stuff around the house. He's a hard worker. He is a critical thinker who challenges me. He absolutely adores Seth and loves us both. He can always make me laugh. And he never uses superlatives.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? The nicknames were oh-so-plentiful while pregnant. Usually he just calls me "woman" or "wife." (I can sense shock from some of you, which means he won since he got a reaction.) Sometimes he calls me "honey" and lot more "mom" right now with Seth around.
8. What is his favorite color? Um, blue maybe. He has never expressed a deep love of one color over another. Correct me if I'm wrong, honey.
9. What is his favorite food? Steak, steak, and more steak (he even hung a picture up of a juicy steak in his classroom)
10. What is his favorite sport? If you don't know the answer to this, you don't know Kevin. BASKETBALL! But he loves pretty much all sports: football, baseball, golf, tennis, hockey, bowling, volleyball, curling, ping pong, etc. Oh, and he really doesn't like soccer, but seeing that we live in Europe and that is the sport of choice here, he is trying to like it.
11. When and where did you first kiss? Shaner's Jeep
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Talk talk talk, right Kevin?! Every man loves to sit and talk for hours. Pretty much we do whatever together except things that require great athletic talent because I don't have any. We used to play tennis together a lot, but no such luck in Hungary. I'll have to take a picture of our tennis court here. Sad, so sad.
13. Do you have any children? Currently just one, Seth Norman, who will turn one in less than three short weeks! And Kevin just told Seth the other morning that if all future children are as easy as him that we won't stop having kids. Hmmm...
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Ask him to name all male figure skaters from the 90's. He can.
15. How old is he? 26 (yes, I'm older and we both know we don't look our age, we're so young, blah, blah, blah)
16. Who said, “I love you” first? I think I did.
17. What is his favorite type of music? He really likes whatever, not a picky man. Another hidden talent is his ability to turn current pop songs into songs about math for kids.
18. What do you most admire about him? His wisdom and discernment. Seriously. I trust no one more than him. He's always right (and I don't mean that in a negative or bitter way but as a super positive thing because God has given him these gifts). He is an excellent husband, father, and leader of this family.
19. Do you think he will read this? Yep, he always reads my blog. He'll probably ask why I lied in answering these questions, or something along those lines.