Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"are there any questions?"

This has been the phrase for the week thus far. It is standardized testing week at school. At the second grade level this means that I read a majority of the tests to them, so as not to have them miss something because of their inability to comprehend what they read. I almost fell asleep reading the tests to them yesterday. It was SO boring! I'm only allowed to say what's in the book, and I have to read in a neutral tone. I get bored of hearing my own voice and repeating the same things over and over. If I'm bored, I can't imagine how bored and tired the students are who have to listen to my voice to answer the questions. UGH!

"Now turn the page."

Two days of testing down, three more to go!







By the way, we as teachers know not to look at what the students answer in their books. There is nothing more frustrating than to have worked on a concept all year and then to see many of them still missing it. We also took the school abilities test... Yah... That's about all I'm going to say on that...

No comments: