Friday, March 23, 2007

the boxes

I just got off the phone with a parent of a student I had two years ago, and they were calling to ask me what was going on. They saw all of the empty boxes in the cafeteria with my name on them, and then they saw the note in the Light Flash about a second grade position open for next year. So she called to chat.

I am very grateful for my time here. I love the school that I teach in and the families I spend my time with every day. I am grateful for the relationships I have built with fellow teachers, with parents of students, with friends from church...all of them! Of course nothing is perfect and some days I think I picked the wrong profession, but overall, I know that I am where I should be. What a peace there is in knowing you're following God's calling, no matter what or where that is.

I am also grateful for the confirmation God gives us of these things in our lives. He doesn't have to do that, but he does. He knows my personality, and he chooses to bless me in ways that he knows I really need it. Well, maybe "need it" isn't the right phrase, but he knows my sinful nature and where I seek confirmation in my life instead of resting in him. And he gives that to me just when he knows I "need it."

So thank you Jesus for doing that for me. Thank you friends and family for allowing God to use you in my life when I "need it." Well, not only when I need it, but you get the picture. :)

No comments: