Thursday, March 22, 2007

supporters!!!

Today was a very exciting day. We got our first supporters!!! We sent out our first batch of letters asking for prayer and financial support last week, and we had several in our mailbox today. My heart was filled with joy when I saw those envelopes there, and Kevin was shocked when I showed them to him.

It's so hard to ask for the financial support, and so I stress about sending those letters out. I know that so many people give so much, and I don't want to be just another person asking for money. And then there are other people who cannot part with their money. It's been difficult to know who to send letters to and all of that. I shared that with someone, and she was so encouraging by sharing with me what she was learning in Romans 10:14-15, "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Now I know that we're not "church planters" and might not be considered "missionaries" by some, but I still feel called to minister to people in Hungary, whether it is to American families who actually are planting churches, Hungarian families who don't know Christ or are growing in him, or families from other parts of the globe who may or may not have a relationship with Christ. So this woman said that although not everyone is able to go and do that in some far off place (because aren't we all called to the Great Commission no matter where we are?), the people must support those who can. Anyway, I really appreciated her saying this because when she put it that way, I don't feel so bad for asking for support.



But then I lose focus and struggle again with this whole thing...

No comments: