Thursday, September 8, 2011

blessed be your name

Earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, wild fires, flooding, tornadoes. All in a few months. Ya think the earth is groaning and anticipating Christ's return?!

I got on Facebook a few minutes ago and saw all sorts of friends posting pictures of flooding in NY. Horrible. My grandma was evacuated yesterday because of the flooding. She is safe, but my dad is on his way there now and will be there with my aunt and uncle tomorrow. Things do not look so good for her house. The water did not get into her main living area but completely filled the basement up to the ceiling. :(

And yesterday morning when I was out running, it had rained just a bit, and then a rainbow came out. I did not realize at the time that all of this flooding was happening in NY and PA (and anywhere else), but I smiled at the rainbow and thought, "Lord, you allowed so much damage to happen in the US alone this summer with natural disasters, and yet here in the sky in Hungary is a reminder that you will never send another flood that will destroy the whole earth."

In church on Sunday we were singing "Blessed be the Name of the Lord." I couldn't help but think of the countless people I know going through terrible things right now. Sometimes it is so difficult to say to our Heavenly Father, "When the darkness closes in, Lord, Still I will say, Blessed be the name of the Lord" or "You give and take away, You give and take away, My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name."

So in the midst of trials and not understanding the Lord's plan, I am choosing to say "Blessed be YOUR name, Lord." He is the creator and sustainer of all, and to him, all glory and honor! The earth knows it and already worships him!

I told my mom before we left in August that I would either be back in the US in two years or else I would just meet up with her in the sky. I'm thinking a reunion together in the sky at Christ's return would be pretty awesome. :)

No comments: