Friday, April 15, 2011

it's never just for fun

The current scene downstairs:


Tonight is poker night with a bunch of the senior and freshmen guys. Don't worry, no money is changing hands. :)

But in true male fashion, they cannot play "just for fun." So what are they playing for? Hair. That's right, their hair. Losers shave their hair. For some it will be their legs, others their heads, and one person supposedly their eyebrows, but I'll believe that one when I see it. I can just imagine his mother's reaction.

Kevin made a half dozen pizzas, and I made other snacks. They seem to be enjoying themselves. These are a great bunch of guys, too!


Seth and Kate have thoroughly enjoyed all of the "big kids" at our house this week, so they have stayed up much later than usual. (Seth is REALLY excited to be a "big guy" some day.) Tonight was fun because they got to hide and play around under the table since most of the chairs were moved elsewhere. :)

Now that they're both in bed, I decided I'd stay hidden in our room for the rest of the evening. Guys time downstairs. I'll go down tomorrow to see the damage. ;)

*Updated to add... Kevin just came up here and asked me, "When you shave your legs, do you go up or down?" Sounds like we have the first loser!

No comments: