Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"paris is always a good idea"


So, I got back last night from celebrating my birthday a few months early! Audrey and I went to Paris over the long holiday weekend to celebrate both of us turning 30. It was awesome to say the least. I'd be lying, though, if I said that I didn't miss my family. It was wonderful to come home to Kevin and the kids. I will share more details on the trip hopefully this week!

In other news, I feel so behind on everything right now. I am often out of touch with the news, but I am way behind on hearing everything about Japan. I mean I knew it happened before I left on Friday, but I haven't been online (our way of receiving news) to know anything else. And I have a gazillion emails I have to write. Not fun emails. :( Fortunately laundry isn't too horrible, and we have some groceries, which was especially important today as everything except gas stations are closed on a holiday! And speaking of gas, we pay more than $7 a gallon. (And I have heard that gas prices are much higher than that in the Middle East.) Can I just say that I am grateful that we do not have to rely on our car like most Americans do?!

I am exhausted and should head to bed. I spent two hours on the phone tonight with the funniest woman at Delta. It made the two hour phone call not seem so bad. But now my head it swirling with numbers. Yes, I must head to bed.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

This blog post title is perfect... and that movie always reminds me of you! :) I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Leah said...

you're leaving me curious as to why you had to be on the phone for two hrs with delta?? So glad you had a wonderful time!!