Wednesday, March 30, 2011
So I got back from Paris over two weeks ago, and I still haven't blogged about it. My mom asked me to at least bring pictures when I go home so that she can see them. :)
I had written earlier about just having a burdened heart and not wanting to blog about it, and another reason I haven't felt like it is because of all of the grief I have been given for having gone. Although most of this has been completely in fun, it gets pretty tiring to keep having to justify this trip to others. I realize that I don't have to justify myself, but who am I kidding?! I feel like I have to!
But I'm not going to do that here. I will have to blog about the trip, but I am just uninspired looking at my photos. There aren't many that stand out to me, which is a bummer.
Just a few observations in the meantime:
1. European men generally dress in a "metrosexual" way. It's ten times more so in Paris. (Why would I write that one first? Well, Audrey and I were discussing this with Kevin last night and having a good laugh. It was on the brain. :))
2. The Eiffel Tower is brown. I always thought it was a dark gray steel. But nope. Brown.
3. The Mona Lisa is small but not THAT small as I was led to believe.
4. Paris on the Seine is beautiful...but nothing compared to Budapest on the Danube, especially at night.
5. Squeaking shoes sound ten times worse in the Notre Dame.
6. Finding train tickets out to the airport during rush hour is next to impossible and can lead to panicked female travelers who are minutes away from missing their flight.
7. Everything sounds better in French. Oh la la!
8. Europeans do dinner right. Not just Paris, but everywhere.
9. French people are not rude.
10. With the exception of the famous ones, all of the "normal" buildings in Europe look pretty much the same (and I mean that as a good thing...I LOVE the architecture here!).
Okay, so that was more than a few. :)