Friday, December 3, 2010

perfected

I have been completely overwhelmed and stressed recently. Well, to be honest, I've been stressed for months, but it has been a lot worse in recent weeks. Thank you to my friends who have listened to me sort through all of my thoughts and not thinking that I've completely lost it, although you have every right to think that. ;)

I had a great talk with one of my grandmas this week. She helped me think level-headed. She helped me put some things (fears, mainly) into perspective. I am so grateful to have grandparents on both sides of my family who are Christ followers. They pray for us, love us, and encourage us from God's Word. I am blessed!

Yesterday we got some news that we had been waiting to hear. It wasn't the best news in the world, but I had been preparing myself for the worst...and it wasn't the worst. So it wasn't great but better than I had expected. But because it wasn't the worst, my stress level lessened a bit. :)

I am continuing to learn about the person I want my Heavenly Father to help me to be...and not to be. He certainly has a sense of humor as to show me where I am weak and where I need to grow. In my frustrations this week I laughed (not at the moment, but later of course!) because when you ask him to show you things and change you, he will. And change is a difficult process, one that makes us better. But I am encouraged by this...

Hebrews 10:14
"For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

I am perfected. I just need to walk with Christ because he did all the work on the cross thousands of years ago.

So I am continually trying to give my burdens to the Lord on a moment-by-moment basis, resting on his promises and meditating on his Word.

I feel like this post is all over the place, but it all makes sense in my head. But then again, I may be losing it! Just ask Michelle about my hour long hunt in the house today for my sűrített tej!

And just because...

Seth helped me bake cookies, the first of about seven different kinds I want to make. And the recipe made 14 dozen cookies. Um, anyone want to come over and eat cookies?!


Kate was rubbing and patting Seth on the shoulder and giving him little sideways hugs. It was ADORABLE! But of course by the time I grabbed my camera, she stopped. But she did start hitting him here, in her fun, teasing way that she does with him.


First time out in the snow this year. Found the hat and mittens packed away. Could she look any cuter in that hat? I think not! Thanks, Aunt Stefanie!

2 comments:

Julie said...

hugs, I think we are going through similar things... must hang out!!!! allee... anytime soon?

Stefanie Schocke said...

She is so cute!!! What are you going to do with alllll those cookies?! Math class kids?