Tuesday, June 22, 2010

rain, rain, go away...

We had nearly three weeks straight of rain and clouds at the end of May and beginning of June. Our first week of summer was then really hot and sunny every day. We are now in week two of more rain and clouds after that one brief look at the sun. This is the weirdest weather ever. Someone was saying that they read that the Icelandic volcano is to blame for all of our weird weather since April. It has definitely been weird. These pictures were taken a couple weeks ago when the Danube River was flooded because of all the rain. I wonder what it's looking like right now...


(That road under water is normally a meter or two above the river)

Kevin took Seth to school to run around in the gym since it has been raining for so long and he hasn't had much of a chance to run around outside. We went to the grocery store to get a few things after dinner last night, and you should have seen that wild boy in the store. I kept looking at Seth and saying to myself, "What kind of parents does this boy have?!" Seriously. I'm sure a few Hungarians were wondering the same thing.

Kate is napping. The poor little thing still isn't herself. We ended up spending Sunday afternoon at the hospital. Happy Father's Day, Kevin. We weren't there because it was an emergency but because that's the only place to find a pediatrician on the weekend, or so we thought. Apparently even at the hospital there is no pediatrician on the weekend so one had to come in to see her. It was a complete waste of time and money to go. I could have a medical degree if all you need to know is what she did. I am kicking myself because if I had waited until Monday, it would have cost only about half as much, and I maybe would have gotten a better doctor. But I was worried sick about her on Sunday, so I didn't care. I am still worried about her, and the doctor was so clueless that she didn't give me any peace of mind other than to know that it didn't look to her like she was dying or anything. Big help. Thanks. If she's still not better by Friday, then I'll take her back and see someone during the day who might actually know something and actually check her out. I keep praying that the Lord would heal her of whatever it is that is bugging her and that he would give me wisdom to know what to do. I am not a paranoid mother who takes her kids to the doctor for every sniffle. The only time Seth has been taken to the doctor for being sick was when Kate was born, and we all know what happened then. Praise the Lord that we have had such healthy children!!! But I would appreciate prayers for her and for me right now!

I am thanking the Lord though for peace in other situations now, and I know that this peace is because of Him. I continue to rest and place my trust in him!

3 comments:

Mom Y. said...

Am praying for you guys. I always hated it when the kids were sick.

Stefanie Schocke said...

Poor thing :(

Julie said...

I am so sorry Kristen! I will be praying! And what happened to Seth? I am not sure if I didn't know or I forgot...