Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a few more randoms because...

I am not good at keeping things short and simple. (I can hear my family laughing at this.) Whether it be writing or talking, I just can't keep is short and sweet! I have been writing and rewriting our much overdue newsletter for two months. Too much to say (because it's been WAY too long since our last update) but if I cut out some things, then it doesn't make any sense. I'm going to have to send an email AND a newsletter. People will really hate me. :)

Trying new recipes inspires me. I made some popcorn snacky thing today. It called for white chocolate, which is what got me interested. I made it. Disappointed. Oh well. That won't stop me. I made the "Benchiladas" and those were amazing. I love Ranch dressing on my taco salads, hence why I loved these so much. Quick and easy, too. (Thanks Kristin for sharing that link months ago!)

I wanted to make the "Benchiladas" a long time ago, but I didn't have any salsa. They sell salsa at the store here. Let me just say that it is so gross. It's like ketchup with a few chopped veggies. Someone at the school makes homemade salsa, but they hadn't made any in a long time. They just restocked the shelves, so both Audrey and Kevin got me some. I love salsa. I need to learn to make my own. Anyone have a good salsa recipe? I like some spice to it but not too hot.

Nusi is thinking about starting a blog as she moves to England next week for 6 months for her job. I told her that I would be her #1 reader, and I am sure several of you would read hers too! I just now realized that I am assuming she would write in English. Oops. But Nusi, I know you read this, so you must blog (and at least put some stuff in English for me!).

The grass is always greener on the other side. Someone told me a couple weeks ago that the grass is green on both sides, as she and I were wishing we were in the opposite situations. It was good to hear that from her and to hear why we both have good situations and realizing that we would both change some aspects but there is no such thing as a perfect situation. I just said "situation" a lot.

Perspective is everything. Like I said yesterday, I'm trying to keep an eternal one. Some days are easier than others. :)

Leah (who just started a blog with pictures of her precious baby girl Eden -- you must go visit her!) sent me a package a couple weeks ago with 28 different pieces of ribbon so that I could make Kate more headbands. Is was SO fun to get that, and I am in love with ribbon. I don't plan on making every single one right now because her head will grow before she can wear them all, but I am excited to have these pieces around for that perfect outfit.

Love early morning phone calls from my dad as he drives into work super early while we are eating lunch. Sometimes the time difference is weird to think about.

Do boxed mixes and all of those sorts of things really go bad? Many of us here tend to hoard them because they are precious little treats, and we don't want to use them until we have to (or have a really bad day and just need something!). But then it's no good if they go to waste because we have waited too long and they have expired. I found a frozen hot chocolate mix the other day as I was cleaning out a bin in the pantry. I don't know how I missed it because I made the other packets that Whittington gave me well over a year ago. I won't throw it out without trying it, but I am hoping it's still good!

Baking everything from scratch used to intimidate me. Not any longer. Except for the rare occasion as mentioned above, everything I make is from scratch. Granted, I have the time at home to do that now, so it's not so daunting. My cooking and baking skills (as well as my recipe repertoire) have grown!

I am in desperate need of a haircut. No joke. This is the longest my hair has ever been. It's TOO long and needs a good trim. If I leave it alone long enough though, Kate will pull it all out anyway.

Who needs a motorized swing if you have a big brother who will push it for you?


I was eating breakfast yesterday and heard lots of squeals from Kate and laughs from Seth. I knew she was in her crib and thought Seth must have gone in her room. Well, he did. Don't know if she was awake before or not, but this is how I found them.


Seth has never tried to climb in there with her before, but now it's his new thing. She just thinks he's the funniest kid. Glad she thinks so and isn't bothered by him, nor him by her. I am sure that will come later on down the road.

And again, that's it for now. :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

okay where did you find white chocolate melting chips? I would love to know!!!

Stefanie Schocke said...

Yep. Laughing.

Cute picture of the kids in the crib.