Wednesday, April 1, 2009

fun dip

This week is Teacher Appreciation week at school. That was always fun when I taught at Worthington Christian. It was even turned into a whole month my last year there! But they have had many meals provided and various other thoughtful things done for the teachers this year. Kevin got a "Fun Dip" from one of his students today. Do you remember those? I think the last time I had one was in elementary school. He enjoyed it.

Tonight in English class we started perfect present tense...I have gotten a lot of questions about it. They have wondered when and why to use it. I have not given them a good answer because I don't know the right answer myself. I have told them before that I am not an English teacher but only an English speaker, so I have not been able to give them answers to some of their questions. You get the point...Any ideas when and why we use this tense? I just speak it and know when to use it in language but cannot explain it. Nem jó.

And this weekend (starting tomorrow actually) is a big one for me. I am leaving Seth for the first time! I mean I leave him to go out to dance class and various other things, but I have never left him overnight or for a few days. I am not nervous about it, but it will be weird for a few days not to spend my day planned around his napping schedule and when he needs to eat, etc. I am sure he will be smothered with hugs and kisses by me when I return Saturday night.

Why am I leaving him? I am going on a women's retreat with our mission UWM. I am really looking forward to it. It's only an hour or so away from here in Sopron, a Hungarian city on the Austrian border. It will be a good time to reconnect with many other women in our mission serving in Central Europe. Our mission is pretty small, and I think there will be only 10 of us. A few can't make it. But it will be nice!

And many thanks to Becky and Pam who are helping me (us!) out by watching Seth in the mornings so that I can go and Kevin can still teach his classes. Seth will be spending the afternoons at school with Kevin because he doesn't have any core math courses to teach. It works out well. I am just really excited that I can go and that Seth is at an age where I can leave him.

So you won't be hearing from me for the next few days. Don't miss me too much. :)

Oh, and one last thing... HAPPY 31st ANNIVERSARY TO MY PARENTS!!! Yes they were married on April Fool's Day, but no, their marriage is not a joke. :) They've only heard that one a few times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks kiddo. Love Dad