Saturday, February 7, 2009

more from the emotional idealist

I think I spoke too soon when I said that Seth had turned the corner the other day. He is definitely feeling better, but he still hasn't been himself. He had several meltdowns yesterday and had a temper tantrum or two. I honestly think it's a combination of not feeling well, not being home and not having slept in his own bed in a few weeks, and everything being different since we haven't been in our own home. Yesterday was awful. And I hesitate to say this, but I really feel that today he is back to himself. He hasn't cried or whined once. He has played all day. He took an awesome morning nap and is down now for his afternoon nap. I think the good sleep has definitely helped. I hope so. I was ready to quit being "mom" yesterday.

Janie had said earlier this week that she needed something to look forward to, in order to get through this long week. So she and I planned to go to the movies last night. We went and saw "Bride Wars." It was what I expected, but I did enjoy spending a few hours with Janie, just us girls. We had a fun time together. And we also ran into a dozen or so ICSB staff/spouses at the movie too. The theater where we saw it was the only one playing it in English. :)

Kevin is in Vienna once again for basketball. He was so sweet and offered to stay back because it was such a long rough week for me, but I told him that was ridiculous. He is the head coach! I appreciated him loving me enough though to miss a game. :) I have learned that there is no planning anything on the weekends during basketball season.

But I am definitely glad this week is now over. It was insanely long, one that had countless "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" moments. The emotional idealist in me was let down time and time again. If I made decisions based on emotion, then I would have left the country this week. Praise the Lord that he gave me enough sense not to make decisions totally based on emotion. :) But the week is over. God provided me with what I needed when I needed it. I continue to be surprised by him doing that for me. Why? I don't know.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I was too quick in saying Madi was better too. This morning when I went in to get her, I found out that she had thrown up last night in her crib. Poor little girl. I think we both are having horrible weekends for health.