Saturday, September 27, 2008

pigs really do fly

Kevin got home all safe and sound in the middle of the night. I told him about the dance class that Zsolt and Gabi was us to do with them. His response: "Well, it's out of my comfort zone, but it would be fun and a good thing." I was shocked. Never expected that response in a million years. Now I have to make sure that this class can handle beginners who don't dance and who don't speak the language. It's a double whammy. It should be fun if it all works out!

On the way home from the doctor's office yesterday afternoon, the police had a check point out to stop people and look at their papers (or check and do whatever they wanted). I was so nervous when I saw them waving various cars over. Our license plates are a dead give away that we are foreigners living here, so I feel like an easy target all the time. Not speaking the language and not knowing every single law also makes for a very nerve racking experience. Of course the police officer waved me over, but as I pulled over to the side (knowing that I had all of the correct paperwork but feared they would still find something wrong for which I would get in trouble), he decided to wave me on and not question me about anything!!! Maybe they saw a very pregnant Pam in the front seat or a baby in the back seat and decided to just let us go. I don't know why, but I was so grateful. I accidently called them a swear word once by mispronouncing ONE vowel sound in the word and ended up changing the whole meaning into a very bad one. Yah, so the police make me nervous.

Kevin is home for the next few days and then leaves once more for the high school retreat at the end of this week and into the weekend. The fall is such a busy time. I am so grateful that Seth is such an easy kid because it makes Kevin being away so much right now a lot easier.

1 comment:

Julie said...

having kids in the car and a pregnant Pam I am confident helped. They always let moms with kids go...and you need to train Seth to start screaming next time when they come up to the window... they will certainly let you go. I have seen that work every time!