Saturday, July 5, 2008

happy 4th (a day late)!

We went to the castle district yesterday. I realized after going through the pictures that I didn't take very many. Oops! They actually had a festival going on at the castle yesteday. It is usually free to go in and walk around, but because of the festival, you had to pay. It was fun though because they had all kinds of wine, food, and gift vendors there. It was similar to the wine tasting festival back in September, only a fraction of the size. This festival was celebrating when the Magyars inhabited this land about a thousand years ago (not exactly sure of the time). Incredible!

I would say that most of the things going on looked like Medieval Hungary. They had a blacksmith making things and really cool period costumes. They had a little parade and what sounded like firecrackers, although it was just someone with whips we later found out. I know that it was America's birthday yesterday, and because of the festival, it still did feel like a special day to us foreigners living here who were not back home celebrating our own country's birthday!
Anyway, here are just a couple shots of some of the cobblestone streets up there. Like I said, I hardly took any pictures.




And another picture of my parents! (with Kevin's head in the background)

Today we are going to Hősök tere and the Terror House, which I have never been to yet. I am looking forward to it. I'll write more about that tonight hopefully!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your dad's shirt. Go Hawks!

Glad you guys are having a great time.