Friday, May 9, 2008

wow wow wow

Wow. So listen to this...

A family has an "extra" car that they are not in need of right now, so they offered it to us to borrow until they need it again. I can't even describe how grateful we are, and completely dumbfounded for that matter. Doesn't God work in the most amazing ways?!

And a few other Friday ramblings...

I bought amazing strawberries today, thanks to Whittington for telling me of a little stand where I could get them. They are way better than anything I've had from the grocery store. I loved how I could pick through the crate and find the ones I want. It never fails that the prepackaged ones in the store always have a few yucky ones that I have to toss. Not so today because I picked every single one out, and they were just delicious!!!

Also, along the fruit line, I am pleased to say that they now have seedless grapes. Last fall they didn't, and now they're all over the place. One woman who has lived here for over 17 years told me that's the "new thing" this year. YEAH! Who wants to eat grapes when you have to stop and pick out the seeds?! I love grapes, but I love them most without seeds. I have eaten lots of them this past week.

We had a fun Mexican potluck dinner tonight with a bunch of people. I have to say that I made an awesome dessert, again thanks to my aunts and my mom for the help from Tastefully Simple! I used the awesome strawberries in the dessert.

And I just discovered through a conversation with Audrey this week that I think I began forming the beginnings of my philosophy of discipline way back in 8th grade. Funny how I started having a philosophy about that sort of thing, although that was in no way what I called it back then nor did I realize it. Funny how school memories from middle school can affect you for the rest of your life and influence the way you choose to run your own classroom years down the road. Funny how I'm probably the only one who would ever even think of that!

Rummage sale tomorrow...