Monday, May 5, 2008

my brain doesn't shut down

We had our last of the PFO follow up meetings tonight. These are the meetings to see how we are transitioning and adjusting to our new life here, a time to talk and reflect on everything. Some nights I just have so much to think about that my brain doesn't shut down, and I lie awake in bed for hours just thinking through things. I've had many nights like that lately. I have been up way too late. My mind is racing tonight with all sorts of things to think about, both the pleasant and the not-so-pleasant realities of living overseas.

Tonight we talked about the process of saying goodbye. We all went through that process of saying goodbye to those we love when we moved over here, but now we will go through that process again. This time, however, we will be saying goodbye to students, families, and friends from here who will be leaving to move to a new country or go back to their home country. I'm not very good at saying goodbye as I am such an emotional person.

Our dear friend Whittington is moving back to the US at the end of the school year. I don't know what we'll do without her next year! We are so happy that God has called her to this new season in her life and this new job that she will love, but we will miss her terribly. We love you Whittington!!!

And now I will head to bed, but because my mind is overflowing with thoughts, I probably won't be asleep for quite some time. Perhaps the Scarecrow was lucky. (Totally kidding, so glad I have a brain!)

No comments: