Tuesday, March 25, 2008

does black licorice give you gas?

We had small group tonight. Kim asked this question, and I thought I was going to wet my pants. There is obviously more to the story, but I said that was going to be the title of my blog post tonight.

Well, I said I was making my first pie for Easter. It turned out okay. The crust wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping but better than my mother in-law's first pie (so I'm told). Sorry Mom Y! :) I was just glad that the pie crust was much easier to make than expected.

I ended up making another dessert as well. I wanted to have a back-up just in case the pie didn't turn out, and when I realized there would be 9 adults for dinner, I thought that one pie might not be enough. I made this peanut butter dessert (thanks to the Legg's for peanut butter money!) that called for 16 oz. of whipped cream. No Cool Whip here, so I whipped my own cream. I know it's no big deal or anything, but it was a total disaster when I tried doing it at Christmas time to make my mom's pretzel jell-o salad. So now I was a bit hesitant to try the dessert because I had to whip the cream myself again. It turned out well, as you can see from the picture I took of my "soft peaks."

And on a very serious note...

I want to ask for prayer for my friend Ryan who has CF (cystic fibrosis). He was just recently placed as #1 on the lung transplant list but is now in the hospital on a ventilator because things are not going well. Ryan and I grew up together, and he was like a brother to me. His wife Kristin is keeping their blog updated with what's going on and his progress. The latest news was that they were taking him by ambulance to a better hospital three hours away. They couldn't go by helicopter from what I understand because of the current wind advisory. Please be praying for Ryan and his health. Please pray for Kristin and their twins Lily and Wyatt as they cope with all of this. I know they would appreciate any and all prayers!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Kristen,

Thanks for getting more people to pray for us! We can feel all the different prayers going out on our behalf.