Tuesday, October 2, 2007

things that make my day

1. Emails from friends!
Thank you to all you faithful friends who email. We are getting lots of updates, and we love to know what's going on with you. And Leah, your email just made me laugh!

2. Packages, especially when they're filled with lots of goodies.
Thank you, MOM, for sending us the best package ever! There are many food items we cannot get here, and you'd never miss them in the States because you can have them whenever. Suddenly, the only things I want are things I can't have. I will make a list of those things if anyone is interested in shipping us any other packages. (Wink wink!)

3. The Office
That is the best show ever! Some kind person received Season 3 in a package last week and let us borrow it. Someone is supposed to be sending it to us, but I think they forgot. But Whit came over for dinner last night, and we watched several episodes. I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard at some of the bloopers they included on the DVD. Ah, nothing like laughter to relieve stress.

4. ELL students who say my name for the first time.
That was exciting today when Botond said my name, although I could tell he was hesitant because he didn't want to say it wrong.

5. Toilet stories.
After Kevin's disgusting retelling of his bathroom experience here, we take such joy in hearing other people's gross toilet stories. And let me tell you, everyone seems to have one. I heard a hilarious one yesterday from Melissa and her two little girls. Let's just say that you can't play with poop in American toilets where there isn't any ledge to catch it.

6. Blog ticker.
So Whit showed me that I could put a ticker on my blog, and I did last Friday night, if you hadn't noticed already. I don't know who is exactly reading this blog, as only a few people actually leave comments, but it does encourage me to know that people do check in!

Those are just a few things that have made my day today or yesterday. It's good to stop and think about those things because we often get bogged down in the day with other things. So praise be to God for sending these thigns to brighten our days. :)

No comments: