Saturday, September 1, 2007

sick

Well, I ended up leaving school early yesterday because I got sick. All of a sudden I thought that I was going to pass out. Of course no one is around when you really need them, but I was able to make it the next few minutes until my kids went to recess and I found Kevin. So nice to work in the same building! He didn't have a class, so he gave my kids some extra recess after they came back in. He had to watch a study hall, but fortunately my kids went to music then. They would be coming back from music 10 minutes before school let out, and I told the teacher across the hall who offered to read to them for those ten minutes so that I could just go home. Living across the street from school is also nice! I went home and crashed.

I don't know what it was... so many kids were out sick yesterday or left home sick. I don't know if I caught that same bug or if it was related to pregnancy. I did wake up with a terrible sore throat this morning but am feeling better now. I can't take anything even if I am sick, so I pray it's nothing.

We head into Budapest for our first time tonight. We are meeting Nusi! For those of you who don't know, she was my exchange student in high school. I lived with her family in the summer of '98, and she came back and lived with my family that winter. I saw her last when I student taught here 5 years ago. I am really excited to see her again! It'll be interesting though as Kevin and I do the public transportation all by ourselves. I always feel comfortable doing it after a few times, but since this is our first time, it'll be interesting. I have a few key things written down to help us.

Hope everyone has a nice long weekend! No Labor day for us. :( I am told that we get most of the other American holidays off as well as all of the Hungarian holidays. So in the long run, we have less school! :)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I hope you are feeling better, Kristen, but I'm so glad substitutions can be worked out so easily! Enjoy Budapest!
Living vicariously, Audrey