Thursday, August 30, 2007

thank you

I feel some thank you's are in order this week...

Thank you to Pam and Oliver (and the White family), Whittington, Kim and Gary, Welsh family, She-She house, Lang family, and the Winter family for having us all over for dinner in these last two weeks. We have certainly enjoyed our time with all of you and have appreciated all of you cooking for us. Delicious!

Thank you to Whittington and Pam for wonderful girl time. I enjoy hanging out, talking, and being real with you girls. Thanks for taking me to the stores, for dinners, for help in everyday living, but most importantly thank you for your friendship. I wouldn't have made it through without you!

Thank you to the parents in my class who have been so encouraging to me, especially those who have had their babies here and assure me that it'll all be fine!

Thank you to Karen Fenz for helping us figure out the laundry situation. We now have clean underwear thanks to you!

Thank you to our friends and family who write us and let us know that we are loved and not forgotten, although we are thousands of miles away. Thank you for your generous and sacrificial financial support. Kevin and I laughed because when we went out to dinner, we know that it was one of you who actually paid for us to eat! Some of you bought our groceries, and some of you bought us towels! Thank you for praying for us, as I know that it is because of your faithfulness in praying for us that we are adjusting.

Thank you to Kevin who makes me laugh and is so relaxed about everything, excluding the bathroom incident. By the way, have you read his blog? His first entry from Hungary is hilarious! Be warned that there is a totally disgusting part though. Check it out: http://blog.yaikofamily.com/. Thanks for loving me and supporting me. It's much better going through all of this together!

Thank you to anyone and everyone who has helped us in this transition whom I have not already personally named. There are too many to thank! Just want to remember... UWM and the Nickle's and Hollowell's, ICSB, our supporters, Nusi, etc. We can't say thank you enough!

And most importantly, thank you Jesus! The last two weeks have felt like years as we adjust, but we know that it is because of you that we are here and because of you only that we are able to stay here. Thank you for sending the rain to cool the temperature so that my swollen feet can get a break. Thank you for sending us the people and help we need when we need it. Thank you for never leaving us or forsaking us. And thanks for loving me when I am definitely not the most lovable person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - I read Kevin's blog. I'm praying for you my dear daughter!
Love Dad