Sunday, April 1, 2007

appointed

I am so grateful that God can work in anyone's heart, despite their attitude. I am specifically talking about myself here. We got back from Charlotte at 2:00 this morning, completely wiped out and yet invigorated by our time there. To say the least, it was the most intense and awesome experience.

I am grateful that God continues to affirm us in our calling and putting people in our path who confirm and encourage us in this.

I am grateful for people who really love God and others, that they spend their life sharing Christ with those people, and that they are still vulnerable to share the struggles along with all of the good stuff.

I am grateful that God has blessed other people in ways where they are able to do something for his kingdom that others cannot.

I am grateful for tender and sensitive hearts, although I am not always grateful for my own. I often apologize for being sensitive and emotional, but I realize that's such an important part of who I am and how God uses me and shows me things.

I am grateful for the beauty of God's world, not only the far off distances but those that are close by. We drove through the Appalachian Mountains this week, and they are so beautiful. I saw countless pictures of the African terrain - simply breathtaking! I saw and was reminded of the beauty in architecture and people from all around the world.

I am grateful that I serve a God who is bigger than all that I can imagine and that he cares about having a relationship with little me. I am so insignificant in the great scheme of things, and yet, he doesn't think so!

My list could go on forever for that which I am grateful, but I will close it with one more...

I am grateful that Kevin and I are officially appointed to Expedition237 of United World Mission to "advance church planting movements throughout the world and the vision to see a church in every town, village, and neighborhood."

No comments: