Monday, April 5, 2010

just as he said

School starts back up tomorrow. We had such a nice break! We went downtown, hung out here, and played outside a lot. I didn't blog once, despite great intentions to do so.

Here are pictures from yesterday.

Easter 2010

I only took those few of the kiddos (and Kevin took the ones of Seth's basket because I was feeding Kate). Between dinner and dessert, we had 13 adults and 6 kids over yesterday! It was so fun to be able to host the meal here now that we live in this house and have the room. We could fit 6 quite uncomfortably at our old place, and so it was great. The weather was cooler than anticipated, but it was still nice enough that the older kids played outside. We ate lots of yummy food and had a great time of fellowship. I loved it!

Too bad church didn't go as smoothly. Seriously, the devil did not want us in church. I worked really hard at not crying at one point because I was frustrated. But then I know the Lord knows and understands. I have to let it go. At least Seth got to go to Sunday School. :)

Matthew 28:6 "He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay."

I have really been reflecting and pondering the four words "just as he said." Wow. So powerful and yet words I often overlooked or not taken note of.

Well, I'll have to update more later. I'm tired and should head to bed. Back to routine tomorrow. Kevin will be missed as he heads back to school. I anticipate tears from Seth when he realizes that Kevin is gone.

1 comment:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Oh those picture are just hilarious!!!!!