Tuesday, July 31, 2007

waiting on God's timing

It's been an interesting week, one that I am anxious to be over with already, and yet Tuesday isn't even done. We have hit some roadblocks this week in our journey to "follow the dream." Why am I surprised that we are experiencing these things? I really am not, but it is still nonetheless incredibly frustrating.

It looks like we won't be leaving on Monday, August 6th, as planned. We still are waiting on our visas and still don't have 100% of our support. Both of these are stressing me out!

I think those two things are enough stress for me, but apparently I can handle more. I really don't want to get into it all because there is so much happening right now. I also don't want to get into it all because I am really praying for a heart and attitude that please Christ in the midst of these things. Let me just be honest... my heart and attitude are not quite there yet.

Praise be to God that he is bigger and mightier than all of these things, that he knew about them before they ever happened, and that he has control in each one of these situations. We made plans the best we could, but we know that God has determined our steps. Just like I have been praying from the start, I pray that his will and timing be done.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Brittany said...

2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord."